The QuBAS system accepts “delimited” type text files in UTF8 encoding. The most common of these is the comma separated variable or csv file described here but QuBAS can also read tab,”;” or space separated files.
Import plugins are available that will convert various plate reader outputs into the standard QuBAS format. Once loaded into QuBAS these can be selected as part of the file import process
An auto import feature is available in Routine mode, that configures QuBAS to watch a pre-specified folder location on the installation server and automatically import and run a file that is saved to this location
How to Use QuBAS with Excel
It is important to note that excel files are not csv, but can be exported in csv format by using the Save as function.
Preliminary: Configure Excel to create the correct text encoding. (Only need to do this once).
- Select the options menu from the File Open screen:
- Select Advanced options scroll to select Web options select Encoding :
- Make sure the encoding is set to Unicode (UTF-8). You may need to uncheck the Always save.. box to change this and then reselect the Always save.. box.
- Click OK x 2 to return.
Saving a data file for QuBAS import
- Configure your data in a QuBAS friendly format. QuBAS can handle almost anything but the template is easier to create if the file is basically of this form:
- Select Save As … CSV (comma delimited)(*.csv) or Text (Tab delimited) (*.txt)
The saved file will import to QuBAS directly.