We are looking for an ambitious and personable biotechnician with 2+ years’ technical sales experience to support our growth plans.
Quantics is a fast-growing business that provides a great place to work where everybody’s contribution matters and will be rewarded. The role offers a challenging but rewarding commercial career in a lifescience company offering software and consultancy services.
We are based in the West End of Edinburgh, but this role offers flexibility on location.
Qualifications and background
The ideal candidate will have worked in a laboratory environment but must also have “technical sales” or “products sales” experience into the Lifesciences sector. They will also need to demonstrate:
- Technical knowledge (with a strong bioassay, bioanalytics or bioscience focus)
- A track record of achieving sales goals and generating new business internationally
- Ability to set strategic sales goals and create quarterly sales plans
- Exceptional communication skills (with customers and colleagues)
- Presentation skills (online and face to face) and success communicating at all levels with customers
- Negotiation skills
- An established relevant network and proven networking skills
- Ability to build and maintain long term, high trust relationships
- Ability to feedback to the organisation on strategic plans and product development
- Ability to work autonomously and with a wider commercial team
- Some working knowledge of SoftMax Pro or PLA software would be an advantage
- We have a diverse international team and provide a supportive working environment.
- We provide a flexible approach to working
- We are offering:
- a competitive salary with target-based bonuses
- A generous and flexible holiday package (up to 40 days)
- A central Edinburgh location in “Grade A” office accommodation and/or remote working
Only candidates who have the prerequisite market sector knowledge and sales/business development experience will be considered for this position. Interested Applicants should send a covering and CV to email@example.com
Job Specification – Commercial Account Manager
We are looking for an ambitious and personable biotechnician to take on a varied commercial role to support our ambitious growth plans.
At Quantics Biostatistics we are engaged in a variety of complex client facing activities to help solve real challenges for the lifescience industry. We are looking for an ambitious and personable biotechnician who wishes to break free from the lab and embark upon a commercial career as part of our growing, dynamic and international team.
We will provide training, coaching and mentoring from a highly experienced team. Quantics is a great place to work and this role provides a springboard to a diverse, challenging and rewarding commercial career in a fast growing company while gaining experience of both the software and consultancy sectors.
This is an exceptional first commercial role which will be actively supported and mentored by an experienced commercial and marketing team. Within the role you will:
- Liaise with clients and help with contracting requirements
- Write proposals for new work, review and negotiate these with clients to completion
- Support presentations to new clients and provide technical support to the commercial team
- Participate in project meetings
- Attend and represent the company at conferences/exhibitions
- Work with the business development team to nurture and grow our client base
- Identify and nurture new commercial opportunities
- Monitor public data sources to evaluate new opportunities
- Develop strategic customer account plans to deliver business growth
- Present during client meetings
- Demonstrate our software and help to onboard new users.
Qualifications and background
The ideal candidate will have worked in a laboratory environment and will now be looking to develop their career into a more commercial direction. They will:
- Have two years practical lab experience with a strong bioassay or bioscience focus.
- Have a BSc or Masters in a bioscience subject
- Have experience of potency assays
- Have some working knowledge of SoftMax Pro or PLA software
- Have a desire to travel occasionally when it is possible to do so
- Be client focussed
- Possess exceptional communication skills
- Enjoy problem solving
- Have an understanding of the drug development process
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
This is expected to be a first commercial role so it is understood that the candidate may have limited experience, however they must possess a real desire to learn and demonstrate some commercial acumen and business awareness.
Quantics has a diverse international team. We strive to provide a great working environment where we actively seek to develop people and their careers. You will be supported by an experienced commercial team and will be exposed to all aspects of business development.
We are based in the West End of Edinburgh, regularly voted as the most liveable city in the UK. Our Grade A offices, which overlook Edinburgh Castle, are close to the main city centre areas of George Street and Princes Street which provide an excellent opportunity for a healthy work life balance, which we actively encourage.
- A supportive and constructive working environment
- Training and coaching to grow your commercial experience and career
- A flexible approach to working
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- A generous and flexible holiday package
- A central Edinburgh location in “Grade A” office accommodation
- A fantastic international team to work and grow with
BENEFITS AND PERKS
Whether you're an early bird, a night owl, or juggling family responsibilities - Quantics will accommodate your mode of working. We encourage everyone to overlap with each other during the working day but we are flexible and happy to work around people’s other priorities.
GENEROUS PENSION SCHEME
Quantics offers a generous workplace pension scheme. Quantics will contribute 5%, in addition to every 3% you contribute yourself, with the option for you to contribute more through AVCs, if you'd like.
WORK LIFE BALANCE
In addition to our flexible working hours, we actively support a healthy work-life balance. With regards to home working, whilst we encourage a return to the office, we are happy to accommodate a more blended approach that works with employees' lifestyle.
EXCELLENT HOLIDAY PACKAGE
To support our employees' work-life balance, we offer 40 days holiday including bank holidays but the flexibility to trade up to 2 weeks for additional salary if you'd prefer.
Our weekly games nights are an excellent chance to get to know your new colleagues. Even if tabletop games aren't your thing, the company provided drinks are worth hanging around for!
Once a week, employees can enjoy a catered lunch from a variety of local caterers, restaurants and eateries. In the past, these have included Bross Bagels and Bonnie Burrito.
SMALL, FRIENDLY TEAM
Quantics is and always has been a small organisation that values collaboration and teamwork. With our flat team structure, employees have the opportunity to shape the organisation and work with people from a range of disciplines.
BEAN TO CUP COFFEE PROVIDED
At Quantics, we'll always take care of your caffeine fix with our top of the line, bean to cup coffee machine. The coffee, biscuits and fruit snacks are on us!
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
Two days at Quantics are never the same! As a result of the huge variety of consultancy work we take on, every project is different and all of our statisticians and programmers have expanded their skillsets and knowledge base since joining the company.
We are based in Edinburgh, regularly voted as the most liveable city in the UK. Our ‘Grade A’ offices in the West End have excellent views of Edinburgh Castle and are within close walking distance to the city centre.
Despite being the capital of Scotland, Edinburgh is a relatively small city, with many of the sights being readily accessible by foot, or a short bus/tram ride. A stroll through the Old Town is a must, as its character is what draws many to the city.
As of August 2021, Quantics is an employee owned company, for our clients, this means that everyone working at Quantics is fully invested in our client projects. The company is and will remain independent so our clients can be confident that they will always receive a personalised service.
For our employees, this means that everyone working at Quantics for 6 months or more, will see a direct reward for their hard work. These bonuses are even tax-free under a threshold. Employee ownership also means that employees have a say and an active role in shaping the organisation.
To find our more about our transition to employee ownership, you can see he following article from the Herald: