Quantics Biostatistics recently moved to Employee Ownership and are looking to continue our exciting growth by building our exceptional team of ~20 and share in our successes.
Our primary expertise is providing statistical support for clinical, bioassay and health technology assessment projects. We are looking to grow our dynamic and international team. If you have programming experience in SAS and possibly other languages with a background in Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related subject we can offer a diverse, challenging and rewarding career in a fast-growing employee-owned company.
The role is primarily to complete programming activities to support our clinical trials clients but will also include data preparation and analysis of clinical and other biomathematical data with medium to high complexity. Duties will include the creation of datasets, tables, listings and figures according to project specifications and industry standards.
You will use and develop your programming skills in a data driven environment. Your responsibilities will include:
- Development and documentation of programs used in the production of computer generated outputs for clinical study reports, registration and submission documents, plus any other document used to present clinical trials data, including specification and delivery of integrated databases, outputs and response to regulatory questions; commercialisation and reimbursements
- Development of standard methodology to improve quality, efficiency and effectiveness
- Experience programming in SAS, including writing SAS macros in a clinical trial setting
- CDISC standards knowledge and experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience working within a clinical CRO environment
- Experience of programming tables, listings and figures output
- Ability to manipulate input data to produce analysis datasets
- Great attention to detail
- Experience with other programming languages such as R and Python
- A statistical background
- A degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Life Sciences or similar area
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your programming skills within a growing, specialist biomathematical services organisation. We welcome the right applicants from any industry with a willingness to develop their skills in our sector. You will receive continued support and a varied experience with complex and challenging projects, enabling you to progress your career and personal development.
You will be a part of a diverse, dynamic and talented multinational team gaining exposure to high profile, global studies for multiple international pharmaceutical and biotech clients.
- The benefits of employee ownership and the opportunity to share in our successes.
- A supportive and constructive working environment
- A flexible approach to working and homeworking
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- A generous and flexible holiday package
- A central Edinburgh location in Grade A offices in the West End
- A fantastic international team to work and grow with
We are based in the West End of Edinburgh, regularly voted as the UK’s most liveable city. Our offices overlook Edinburgh Castle, are close to the main city centre areas of George Street and Princes Street, providing an excellent opportunity for a healthy work-life balance, which we actively encourage.
Send a CV and cover letter to: ADMIN@QUANTICS.CO.UK
BENEFITS AND PERKS
Whether you're an early bird, a night owl, or juggling family responsibilities - Quantics will accommodate your mode of working. We encourage everyone to overlap with each other during the working day but we are flexible and happy to work around people’s other priorities.
GENEROUS PENSION SCHEME
Quantics offers a generous workplace pension scheme. Quantics will contribute 5%, in addition to every 3% you contribute yourself, with the option for you to contribute more through AVCs, if you'd like.
WORK LIFE BALANCE
In addition to our flexible working hours, we actively support a healthy work-life balance. With regards to home working, whilst we encourage a return to the office, we are happy to accommodate a more blended approach that works with employees' lifestyle.
EXCELLENT HOLIDAY PACKAGE
To support our employees' work-life balance, we offer 40 days holiday including bank holidays but the flexibility to trade up to 2 weeks for additional salary if you'd prefer.
Our weekly games nights are an excellent chance to get to know your new colleagues. Even if tabletop games aren't your thing, the company provided drinks are worth hanging around for!
Once a week, employees can enjoy a catered lunch from a variety of local caterers, restaurants and eateries. In the past, these have included Bross Bagels and Bonnie Burrito.
SMALL, FRIENDLY TEAM
Quantics is and always has been a small organisation that values collaboration and teamwork. With our flat team structure, employees have the opportunity to shape the organisation and work with people from a range of disciplines.
BEAN TO CUP COFFEE PROVIDED
At Quantics, we'll always take care of your caffeine fix with our top of the line, bean to cup coffee machine. The coffee, biscuits and fruit snacks are on us!
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
Two days at Quantics are never the same! As a result of the huge variety of consultancy work we take on, every project is different and all of our statisticians and programmers have expanded their skillsets and knowledge base since joining the company.
We are based in Edinburgh, regularly voted as the most liveable city in the UK. Our ‘Grade A’ offices in the West End have excellent views of Edinburgh Castle and are within close walking distance to the city centre.
Despite being the capital of Scotland, Edinburgh is a relatively small city, with many of the sights being readily accessible by foot, or a short bus/tram ride. A stroll through the Old Town is a must, as its character is what draws many to the city.
As of August 2021, Quantics is an employee owned company, for our clients, this means that everyone working at Quantics is fully invested in our client projects. The company is and will remain independent so our clients can be confident that they will always receive a personalised service.
For our employees, this means that everyone working at Quantics for 6 months or more, will see a direct reward for their hard work. These bonuses are even tax-free under a threshold. Employee ownership also means that employees have a say and an active role in shaping the organisation.
To find our more about our transition to employee ownership, you can see he following article from the Herald: