WISH YOU WERE HERE?
Working at Quantics
We are looking for an ambitious and personable biotechnician with 2+ years’ technical sales experience to support our growth plans.
Quantics is a fast-growing business that provides a great place to work where everybody’s contribution matters and will be rewarded. The role offers a challenging but rewarding commercial career in a lifescience company offering software and consultancy services.
We are based in the West End of Edinburgh, but this role offers flexibility on location.
Qualifications and background
The ideal candidate will have worked in a laboratory environment but must also have “technical sales” or “products sales” experience into the Lifesciences sector. They will also need to demonstrate:
- Technical knowledge (with a strong bioassay, bioanalytics or bioscience focus)
- A track record of achieving sales goals and generating new business internationally
- Ability to set strategic sales goals and create quarterly sales plans
- Exceptional communication skills (with customers and colleagues)
- Presentation skills (online and face to face) and success communicating at all levels with customers
- Negotiation skills
- An established relevant network and proven networking skills
- Ability to build and maintain long term, high trust relationships
- Ability to feedback to the organisation on strategic plans and product development
- Ability to work autonomously and with a wider commercial team
- Some working knowledge of SoftMax Pro or PLA software would be an advantage
- We have a diverse international team and provide a supportive working environment.
- We provide a flexible approach to working
- We are offering:
- a competitive salary with target-based bonuses
- A generous and flexible holiday package (up to 40 days)
- A central Edinburgh location in “Grade A” office accommodation and/or remote working
Only candidates who have the prerequisite market sector knowledge and sales/business development experience will be considered for this position. Interested Applicants should send a covering and CV to email@example.com
Job Specification – Commercial Account Manager
We are looking for an ambitious and personable biotechnician to take on a varied commercial role to support our ambitious growth plans.
At Quantics Biostatistics we are engaged in a variety of complex client facing activities to help solve real challenges for the lifescience industry. We are looking for an ambitious and personable biotechnician who wishes to break free from the lab and embark upon a commercial career as part of our growing, dynamic and international team.
We will provide training, coaching and mentoring from a highly experienced team. Quantics is a great place to work and this role provides a springboard to a diverse, challenging and rewarding commercial career in a fast growing company while gaining experience of both the software and consultancy sectors.
This is an exceptional first commercial role which will be actively supported and mentored by an experienced commercial and marketing team. Within the role you will:
- Liaise with clients and help with contracting requirements
- Write proposals for new work, review and negotiate these with clients to completion
- Support presentations to new clients and provide technical support to the commercial team
- Participate in project meetings
- Attend and represent the company at conferences/exhibitions
- Work with the business development team to nurture and grow our client base
- Identify and nurture new commercial opportunities
- Monitor public data sources to evaluate new opportunities
- Develop strategic customer account plans to deliver business growth
- Present during client meetings
- Demonstrate our software and help to onboard new users.
Qualifications and background
The ideal candidate will have worked in a laboratory environment and will now be looking to develop their career into a more commercial direction. They will:
- Have two years practical lab experience with a strong bioassay or bioscience focus.
- Have a BSc or Masters in a bioscience subject
- Have experience of potency assays
- Have some working knowledge of SoftMax Pro or PLA software
- Have a desire to travel occasionally when it is possible to do so
- Be client focussed
- Possess exceptional communication skills
- Enjoy problem solving
- Have an understanding of the drug development process
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
This is expected to be a first commercial role so it is understood that the candidate may have limited experience, however they must possess a real desire to learn and demonstrate some commercial acumen and business awareness.
Quantics has a diverse international team. We strive to provide a great working environment where we actively seek to develop people and their careers. You will be supported by an experienced commercial team and will be exposed to all aspects of business development.
We are based in the West End of Edinburgh, regularly voted as the most liveable city in the UK. Our Grade A offices, which overlook Edinburgh Castle, are close to the main city centre areas of George Street and Princes Street which provide an excellent opportunity for a healthy work life balance, which we actively encourage.
- A supportive and constructive working environment
- Training and coaching to grow your commercial experience and career
- A flexible approach to working
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- A generous and flexible holiday package
- A central Edinburgh location in “Grade A” office accommodation
- A fantastic international team to work and grow with